Robinson R44 Flight Data Monitoring (FDM)
Heli Air offers the EASA approved Robinson R44 flight data monitoring (FDM) system, to give you peace of mind for your helicopter. This system offers real-time monitoring and recording of all engine and drive train parameters, informing you if your aircraft is exceeding proper usage limitations set by you. All data generated by your aircraft throughout a flight is gathered and shown to you online, in real-time on your computer, tablet, or smartphone, allowing you to know what is happening at all times during every flight.
Benefits of Flight Data Monitoring Systems
Knowledge of exactly what is happening with your helicopter has not always been possible in the past. As a helicopter owner or operator, you want to know that your helicopter is being looked after and treated well. This is now possible in real time, and issues with the utilisation of your helicopter can be monitored to try and prevent problems from happening through trend analysis and data monitoring. It could even help to fix technical issues before they become expensive, saving you money in the long term. As a helicopter operator, you can improve flight safety by analyzing flight data, improving training procedures being alerted immediately if something out of the ordinary happens.
R44 Flight Data Monitoring Parameters
The R44 FDM system can record various parameters for trending purposes as well as monitoring performance and whether limitations have been exceeded. These can be monitored live in real time, communicated through GPRS to your laptop via your internet browser. This allows the R44 Flight Data Monitoring system to:
- Record parameters for trending purposes;
- Uses GPRS, a low cost communication signal;
- Generate a technical log with start and end point, flight and maintenance time,
- Record maximum and minimum RPM
- Record acquired manifold pressure for all flights, every day
- Provide online access for any computer, tablet, or smartphone
- Generate graphs for reporting and analysis
- Help the aircraft owner to set automatic alarms for immediate notification (via text or email) when owner-established parameters or flight areas are exceeded
- Automatically send you a notification (via text or email) when your helicopter’s engine starts
- Automatically send you a notification (via text or email) when your helicopter’s flight ends, with the total flight time
- Store and save all records
- Enable downloading, printing, and/or sharing in an Excel spreadsheet, PDF document, and/or email.
Robinson R44 FDM Technical Information
The Robinson R44 Flight Data Monitoring system is supplied with full documentation, instruction manual, wiring harness and sensors. Everything required for full installation at your own (or preferred) maintenance facility. The R44 FDM system is EASA and FAA approved. For more information and costs to purchase and have installed on your helicopter, please get in touch today by either clicking on the enquire button, or calling the Heli Air engineering department on +44 (0) 1494 451111. We would be happy to provide you a quotation whether you would like to arrange for the equipment to be installed immediately, or whether you are planning to have it fitted during your next 2200 hour or 12 year Robinson overhaul.